1. Use of Talk Local Brand Features
We are committed to protecting the reputation of our brand as a facilitator of real-time connections between consumers and companies. This means that we have the right to turn down requests from any website because of the implication that Talk Local is associated with the said website. The same applies if Talk Local’s trademarks, logos, web pages, screen shots, or other distinctive features ("Talk Local Brand Features" or "Brand Features") are associated with objectionable material, as determined by Talk Local.
Talk Local Brand Features can only be used according to these Guidelines and for the specific purposes for which Talk Local has given permission. The only time you can use Brand Features without advance written permission is if there is clear and express language present on our website.
Talk Local may provide you with written requirements as to the size, typeface, colors, and other graphic characteristics of the Talk Local Brand Features. If we provide these requirements you must implement them within a reasonable timeframe.
2. Rules for Proper Usage
Things to do:
- If you are using a Talk Local trademark, distinguish the trademark from the surrounding text in some manner. For example: capitalize the first letter, capitalize or italicize the entire mark, place the mark in quotes, use a different type style or different font for the mark than for the generic name.
- Use only Talk Local approved artwork when using Talk Local and any of our subsidiary’s logos.
- Use a generic term following the trademark, for example: Talk Local platform, Talk Local connections, or Talk Local local search.
- If you do not capitalize the entire mark, always spell and capitalize the trademark exactly as they are shown in the Talk Local Trademarks and Suggested Accepted Generic Terms below.
- If you are using a Talk Local or any of our subsidiary's logo on a web page, a minimum spacing of 25 pixels between each side of the logo must be maintained between any other graphic or textual elements on your web page.
- Normally, an unregistered Talk Local Brand Feature should be followed by the superscripted letters TM or SM to give notice that the company claims trademark rights in the term. A registered Talk Local Brand Feature should be followed by the symbol ® to identify the term as a registered trademark. In advertising copy, notice of trademark rights may be provided in a footnote format – e.g., by placing an asterisk adjacent to the Talk Local Brand Feature and placing an appropriate notice at the bottom of the page on which the asterisk appears.
Things not to do:
- One of the conditions for all uses is that you can not change any of our marks. Only Talk Local has the rights to make changes. Do not remove, distort or alter any element of a Talk Local Brand Feature. That includes modifying a Talk Local trademark. For example: through hyphenation, combination or abbreviation such as: TalkLocalectable, TalkLocaloohlala, TalkLocalatomic. Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of Talk Local trademarks.
- Do not display a Talk Local Brand Feature as the most prominent element on your web page.
- Do not display a Talk Local Brand Feature in a manner that is in Talk Local's opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Talk Local.
- Do not display a Talk Local Brand Feature on any web site that contains or displays adult content, promotes gambling, involves the sale of tobacco, or sells alcohol to persons of illegal age, or otherwise violates applicable law.
- Do not display a Talk Local Brand Feature in any manner that implies a relationship, affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement with or by Talk Local, or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest editorial content has been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of Talk Local or Talk Local personnel.
- Do not display a Talk Local Brand Feature on a site that violates any law or regulation.
- Do not incorporate Talk Local Brand Features into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names.
- Do not frame or mirror any Talk Local page.
- Do not register Talk Local trademarks as second-level domain names.
- Do not copy or imitate Talk Local's style (trade dress), including the look and feel of Talk Local web design properties or Talk Local brand packaging, distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Talk Local.
- Do not adopt marks, logos, slogans, or designs that are confusingly similar to our Brand Features.
- Do not use Talk Local trademarks in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
If there is any question about usage, requests for clarification, or permission please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Talk Local Trademarks and Suggested Accepted Generic Terms
The following are some of the trademarks owned by Seva Search, Inc. and the suggested generic terms for those trademarks.
- Talk Local™ connections
- Talk Local™ local search
- Talk Local™ platform or program
- Talk Local Score™
- Talk Local™ Pay Per Conversation
- Pay Per Conversation™
4. When do I need permission to use the Talk Local brand?
We at Talk Local are committed to protecting the reputation of our brands and are very careful about how our Brand Features are used. It is never acceptable for any of our Brand Features to be altered, edited or misrepresented.
All of our Brand Features are protected by applicable trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws. If you would like to use any of them on your website, in an ad, in an article or book, or reproduce them anywhere else, you may need to first receive permission from Talk Local.
5. Talk Local Logo or Screenshots
You do not need our permission when you want to use a standard, unaltered Talk Local screenshot in either print (book, magazine, journal, newspaper) or digital (web page, DVD, CD) formats for an instructive or illustrative purpose.
This use must be unaltered: you can not superimpose graphics, photos, or ad copy on the screenshot or change the look of the screen-captured image in any other way.
6. Marketing/Advertising Materials
Contact Talk Local here to discuss third-party marketing activities which we could permit.
- Case studies
- Client and referral lists
- Sales presentations
- Print, broadcast, outdoor, or online ads
- Product demos
- Trade show booths
Contact Talk Local here to obtain permission.
We at Talk Local frequently receive requests from entrepreneurs who have created new T-shirt designs, toys, software packaging, or other imaginative products that incorporate the Talk Local logo or a Talk Local product. Unfortunately, we can not grant permission for these uses without prior consent.
Books or Printed Materials
You do not need our permission when you want to use a standard, unaltered Talk Local or any of our products screenshot in print (book, magazine, journal, newspaper) or digital (web page, DVD, CD) formats for an instructive or illustrative purpose.
The use of screenshots must be unaltered. You can not superimpose graphics, photos, or ad copy on the screenshot or change the look of the screen-captured image in any other way.
Regarding cover art, you can not use the Talk Local logo or any of our subsidiary logos (or the name 'Talk Local' using our typeface) on the cover of any publicly available book or publication without our permission.
Film and TV
If you would like to use the Talk Local logo or any of our subsidiary logos in a commercial television or film production, please contact us here.
7. Search Box
If you would like to use a Talk Local search box on your website, we offer several options. Please contact us here to learn how to do this.
8. Domain Names
We can not approve the use of Internet domain names that use the word "Talk Local", "Seva Search", any of our subsidiaries names, or some variation of them. For example, we would not approve a site called TalkLocalXYZ.com, TalkLocal123.com, or TaalkLocaal.com.
If you do not see your specific use here, please contact us directly or visit our Contact Us form.