Allergic Reaction To Insect Stings

Allergic Reaction To Insect Stings - Pest Control

Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, mosquitoes, fire ants — these are among the most common insects that often trigger allergic reactions in those who fall victim to bites and stings. While most people who receive insect bites and stings experience a normal reaction (usually some swelling, redness, and soreness), some people may be highly allergic and endure serious side effects. ¬†Having an allergic reaction to insect stings can be a serious risk to your health and safety.

What To Watch Out For

Generally, there are 3 levels of reactions when getting stung or bit by an insect. The first is a normal reaction, as described above. The second, called a localized reaction, may appear slightly more serious, such as having an entire limb swell up and turn red. While this may appear to be a severe reaction, usually it will rescind in a few hours or days, and it should be nothing to worry about. The last, most severe, is an allergic reaction. These reactions can range from hives to difficulty breathing, dizziness, rapid pulse, wheezing, or swelling of the throat, mouth, or face. If you think you are experiencing an allergic reaction, it is important to visit a doctor immediately for the right treatment.

Prevent Further Allergic Reactions

If you have experienced an allergic reaction to insect stings around your home or yard, you may want to consider contacting a pest control expert who can help prevent a presence of these insects near your house in the future. Try using TalkLocal to find one near you. Seva Call is a free service that will connect you with top-quality, reputable pest control services in your neighborhood, within minutes. Simply tell us your problem, location, and availability, and we will connect you with up to three professionals, who will then call YOU directly, ready to help.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *